points - Details)
Criss-cross the country on America’s classic two-lane highways with Road Trip USA!
Inside Road Trip USA you’ll find:
- A flexible network of route combinations color-coded and extensively cross-referenced to allow for hundreds of possible itineraries
- Mile-by-mile highlights celebrating the best of Americana, including roadside curiosities, parks, diners, and the local history and personality that makes each small town and big city unique
- Over 125 detailed driving maps covering more than 35,000 miles of classic American blacktop
- Full-color photos and illustrations of America both then and now
- Expert advice from road-warrior Jamie Jensen, who sped along nearly 400,000 miles of highway in search of the perfect stretches of pavement
- Insight into the heart of the great American road trip, as well as resources and suggestions for the best books to read as you explore the US
Road Trip USA is so full of the beauty of the American highway, why wait to start your next adventure? Hit the Road!
From the Publisher
Explore 11 Epic Drives with Road Trip USA
Ever dreamed of driving along the cliffs that overlook the Pacific with the windows down? Or wanted to travel the historic Oregon Trail in a car instead of on a computer? Let Road Trip USA ride shotgun on these eleven incredible routes.
Classic Road Trips
Travel along the most popular U.S. road trips like the unforgettable Pacific Coast Highway and Route 66, or explore lesser-known drives taking you into small-town America.
Historic Sites and Stops
Follow in the footsteps of history along the Pony Express, pioneer routes like the Oregon Trail, or road trip alongside trailblazing railways like the Great Northern or Southern Pacific.
Travel Maps and Tips
With streamlined travel maps and plenty of trip ideas on what to see or where to stop along the way, this guide is a great companion to get you started on the ultimate road trip.