points - Details)
- Comprehensive coverage for planning a multi-week trip to France
- Rick’s strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from Louvre and the Palace of Versailles to neighborhood cafés and delicate macarons
- How to connect with local culture: Stroll through open-air markets in Paris, bike through rustic villages, and taste wines in Burgundy and Bordeaux
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick’s candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a glass of vin rouge
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and incredible museums
- Vital trip-planning tools, like how to link destinations, build your itinerary, and get from place to place
- Detailed maps, including a fold-out map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, French phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 1,000 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Annually updated information on Paris, Chartres, Normandy, Mont St-Michel, Brittany, The Loire, Dordogne, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, The French Riviera, Nice, Monaco, The French Alps, Burgundy, Lyon, Alsace, Reims, Verdun, and much more
From the Publisher
Also Available from Rick Steves
From the top of the Eiffel Tower to the ancient catacombs below the city, explore Paris at every level with Rick’s annually updated guide.
Wander the lavender fields of Provence, climb the steps of the Eiffel Tower, and bite into a perfect croissant: France is yours to discover with Rick’s annual guide.
Hit France’s can’t-miss art, sights, and bites with this full-color guide. Inside you’ll find short itineraries for top destinations as well as insightful walks through museums and neighborhoods.
This colorful, compact guidebook includes six detailed city walks and tours, dining and lodging, and trip-planning practicalities like how to get around on the Metro.
A week or more in Paris
A multi-week trip to France
Two weeks or less in France
A week or less in Paris
4.5″ x 8″
4.5″ x 8″
5″ x 8″
4.5″ x 6″