(as of Nov 15,2020 04:12:33 UTC – Details)
Lonely Planet Texas is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Rock out, get the blues or chill to country classics in live-music capital, Austin, or appreciate just how big Texas is on a hike at Big Bend National Park -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Texas and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Texas Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, music, lifestyle, culture, football, landscapes, wildlife, Texas BBQ, cuisine
- Over 42 color maps
- Covers Austin, San Antonio, Hill Country, Dallas, Panhandle Plains, Houston, East Texas, Gulf Coast, South Texas, Big Bend National Park, West Texas, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Texas, our most comprehensive guide to Texas, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves, it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
From the Publisher
Welcome to Texas
Bigger than a whole heap of countries, Texas is vast, diverse and welcoming: from big-city lights to small-town simplicity, white-sand beaches to high-country hikes.
Slowing down, taking the rural, farm-to-market back roads; steppin’ out in polished boots and starched blue jeans for a Saturday-night dance under the stars; doin’ nothing more on a Sunday afternoon than floating down a lazy river. Life in the country lopes along.
This guide includes:
Texas’ Top 25
Texas BBQ & Cuisine
On the Road Regional Guides
And so much more!