points - Details)
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA’s Best Trips. Featuring 32 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can take in the immensity of the Grand Canyon, soak up the beauty of Sedona along Highway 89A, and stop off in Moab for some biking or rafting, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA’s Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily – 116 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road – local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features – including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers Arizona, Route 66, the Grand Canyon, Sedona, New Mexico, Taos, Jemez Mountains, Texas, Hill Country, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Zion National Park, Bryce National Park and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA’s Best Trips is perfect for exploring Southwest USA in the classic American way – by road trip!
Planning a Southwest USA trip sans a car? Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA guide, our most comprehensive guide to Southwest USA, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
Looking for a guide focused on a specific Texas city? Check out Lonely Planet’s Pocket Austin and Pocket Las Vegas, handy-sized guides focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves, it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
From the Publisher
Southwest USA’s Best Trips
The 32 road trips in this book take you through the best this fabulous land has to offer, from trackless deserts to the majestic Grand Canyon. We’ll guide you through the sandstone charms of Utah to the artistic sparkle of New Mexico, and from the wildflowers of Texas Hill Country to the ancient cliff towns of Colorado and Nevada’s vast open spaces.
A Taste of the Old West
El Camino Real & Turquoise Trail
Heart of Texas
Zion & Bryce National Parks
And so much more!