(as of Nov 18,2020 09:03:43 UTC – Details)
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic’s Best Trips. Featuring 30 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can journey through the wine regions or explore small roads in postcard-perfect Pennsylvania Dutch Country, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic’s Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily – 42 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road – local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features – including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic’s Best Trips is perfect for exploring New York and the Mid-Atlantic in the classic American way – by road trip!
- Planning a New York and the Mid-Atlantic trip sans a car? Lonely Planet’s Eastern USA guide, our most comprehensive guide to Eastern USA, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific New York and the Mid-Atlantic city? Check out Lonely Planet’s New York City and Washington, DC guides for a comprehensive look at all that these cities have to offer, or Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
From the Publisher
Take a trip through New York & the Mid-Atlantic
Backcountry wilds are a short drive from iconic skylines. This region, the heart of the East Coast, stretches along hundreds of miles of Atlantic Ocean and inland to remote mountains. And to take in all its variety, the physical and cultural landscape behind those peculiar accents and the local delicacies, you need to get in your car and drive.
This guide includes information on:
Planning your trip
Hitting the road
New Jersey & Pennsylvania
Washington DC, Maryland & Delaware