(as of Nov 15,2020 03:10:00 UTC – Details)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Written by local experts, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering advice and professionally vetted recommendations for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Utah is a top destination for skiers and hikers, history buffs and adventurers, and caters to those who enjoy the finer things in life. With outstanding geological formations and ever-reaching landscapes, its natural wonders (which tourists can either climb over or drive through), are unparalleled, from salt flats to red rock canyons, and the desert to the Rocky Mountains. Shopping and entertainment hubs exist in the picturesque small towns across the state, and innovative culinary creations await visitors throughout Utah.
This travel guide includes:
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE contains a brief introduction and spectacular color photos that capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout Switzerland
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: New restaurants and hotels in top areas like Salt Lake City, Park City, and the communities surrounding the national parks.
- •SPECIAL FEATURES: The best places to hike, bike, ski, raft, fish, and horseback ride are covered in the Outdoor Adventures section, along with tips on what to wear and when to go. The Great Itineraries section offers a road trip for the national parks, a plan for seeing Salt Lake City’s highlights, and suggestions for hitting the ski slopes. The best places to spot petroglyphs and dinosaur fossils are also covered. Each national park―Arches, Bryce, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Zion―has its own chapter with information on scenic drives, top hikes, and places to eat and stay within the parks.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Convenient overviews present each region and its highlights, and chapter planning sections have good advice for making the most of your time and getting around by car.
- •SPECIAL EVENT COVERAGE: The renowned Sundance Film Festival takes place annually in downtown Park City, Utah, every January, attracting movie stars and independent filmmakers from all over the world.
- •DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor’s Utah offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their visit. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks in every category.
- •PULLOUT MAP: A handy take-along map provides added value, giving travelers essential information so they can travel with confidence.
- •COVERS: Salt Lake City, Park City and the Southern Wasatch, North of Salt Lake City, Dinosaurland and Eastern Utah, Capitol Reef National Park, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Southwestern Utah, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Moab and Southeastern Utah