points - Details)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to experience the Alhambra, explore Madrid’s incredible museums, eat delicious tapas, drink Spanish wine, or enjoy Flamenco performances, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Spain are here to help! Fodor’s Essential Spain 2020 is part of the award-winning Fodor’s Essential series recognized by Booklist as the “Best Travel Guide in 2019.” This guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
- • AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- • PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on Best Beaches in Spain, Best Museums in Spain, Best Festivals in Spain, and more
- • COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- • UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS covering the most recommended sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, museums, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- • MULTIPLE ITINERARARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- • SPECIAL FEATURES on “The Alhambra’s Architecture,” “El Camino de Santiago,” “El Prado: Madrid’s Brush with Greatness,” “Flamenco: the heartbeat of Spain,” and Eating and Drinking Well in all regions of Spain
- • COVERS: Madrid, Barcelona, the Alhambra, El Prado, La Sagrada Familia, Catalonia, Andalusia, Valencia, Bilbao, La Rioja wine country, the Basque Country, San Sebastian, Seville, Granada, Santiago de Compostela, Cordoba, Toledo, the Pyrenees, Ibiza, the Canaries, and more
- • NEW COVERAGE of the Canary Islands, including charming white villages, luxurious island resorts, unspoiled beaches, and unique landscapes
- • MORE THAN 50 DETAILED MAPS AND A FREE PULLOUT MAP to navigate confidently
- • TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- • HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, dance, and more
- • LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- • SPANISH LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
Planning on visiting France or Portugal? Check out Fodor’s Essential France, Fodor’s Essential Portugal, and Fodor’s Inside Lisbon.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
From the Publisher
HELPFUL PLANNING ADVICE
Find what you need faster with color-coded category icons and easier-to-read two-column text.
GORGEOUS COLOR PHOTOS
Beautiful photos packed throughout will fuel your wanderlust.
ITINERARIES AND MAPS
Itineraries, maps, travel tips, and neighborhood guides will acquaint you with Spain and help you maximize your time.
IN-DEPTH FEATURES AND EXPLANATIONS
Learn about history, culture, and more with in-depth spotlight features