points - Details)
Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential Scotland is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Edinburgh, Glasgow, and beyond. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Scotland travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the most exciting countries in Great Britain and Europe.
Scotland offers astonishing variety: its iconic lochs and mountains, as well as lively cities such as Edinburgh and Glasgow, have strong allure. St. Andrews is a pilgrimage for golfers; castles dot the scenic countryside; and whisky distilleries have become another must-visit. Scotland’s customs and products–from tartans to tweeds–are known worldwide, but there’s nothing like experiencing them firsthand.
Fodor’s Essential Scotland includes:
- • UPDATED COVERAGE: Fodor’s writers have scoured the country to find the best new hotels, resorts, restaurants, bars, shops, and sights. Look for Edinburgh’s and Glasgow’s hottest new restaurants and hotels, showcasing the best of Scottish food and style. Fresh recommendations for outdoor activities have been added in the most popular areas.
- • ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A visually stunning color photo guide covers the essential sights and unmissable attractions throughout Scotland.
- • SPECIAL FEATURES WITH GORGEOUS PHOTOS: Features help travelers experience the essence of Scotland, including choosing the best castles to see, planning a whisky distillery visit, and discovering great local fare in the cities or countryside.
- • HELPFUL ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Multiple sample itineraries to help you plan and make the most of your time. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports and the outdoors. “Fodor’s Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- • INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Features such as “Need to Know,” “Top Attractions,” and useful travel tips make planning simple. Convenient chapter overviews present each region and its highlights, and chapter planning sections have useful advice for making the most of your time and getting around by car and public transportation, including island hopping.
- • COVERS: Edinburgh, Glasgow, St. Andrews, Isle of Skye, Inverness, Loch Ness, Loch Lomond, Islay, Glencoe, and much more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting the rest of Britain? Check out Fodor’s England, Fodor’s Essential Ireland, and Fodor’s Great Britain.