points - Details)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential Argentina is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Argentina. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the most exciting countries in South America.
From the scenic Mendoza wineries in the foothills of the Andes, to the cultural riches of Buenos Aires, to the gorgeous glacial terrain of Patagonia, Argentina offers experiences for all types of travelers. Whether you plan to marvel at the spectacular waterfalls of Iguazu Falls or the craggy, colorful hills in the Quebrada de Humahuaca, or you want to tango the night away in Buenos Aires, catch a fiery local soccer game, or try wind-skiing in Patagonia, Fodor’s Essential Argentina helps travelers take in the most memorable sights and experiences of this culturally and geographically rich country.
Fodor’s Essential Argentina includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fully updated coverage of neighborhoods, must-see attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and more. New restaurants and hotels throughout Argentina showcase the best options at different price points and categories.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A brief introduction and spectacular color photos capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout Argentina.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS , DETAILED MAPS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: In-depth illustrated features cover iconic sights and experiences like Iguazu Falls, the Quebrada de Humahuaca, tango, gaucho country, Mendoza’s wineries, fly fishing, and Patagonian adventures. Additional features explore Argentina’s rich history. Additional, full-color photos and full-size street maps throughout help to inspire your must-see list and help you get around.
- •ITINERARIES AND RECOMMENDATIONS: Check out the Great Itineraries section to help plan your time, whether its focus is Buenos Aires with time to take in waterfalls and wine or an itinerary that focuses on making your way to Patagonia. Entire chapters dedicated each to Side Trips from Buenos Aires and Side Trips to Uruguay helps you decide where to focus your time. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports, and the outdoors. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS: Planners give useful, practical overviews of important travel information. A Calendar of Events helps visitors choose the best time to plan a visit around special festivals, parades, and events. Tips on Argentine wine, steak, markets, and sporting life give useful tools to dive into the culture.
- •COVERS: Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Salta, the Lake District, Iguazu Falls, Quebrada de Humahuaca, the wine regions, Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay, and Patagonia.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts.
Planning on visiting more of South America? Check out Fodor’s Chile and Fodor’s Peru.