(as of Nov 01,2020 17:49:56 UTC – Details)
Written by locals, Fodor’s Big Island of Hawaii is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to the Big Island. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring Hawaii’s largest island.
With more than 250 miles of coast, from Kona to Hilo and beyond, the Big Island is lined with beautiful beaches, elegant resorts, coffee farms, waterfalls, and rain forests. It also has history: from Captain Cook’s landing site to the rugged Valley of Kings near Waipio. Above it all, snow-capped Mauna Kea contrasts with fiery Mauna Loa, the centerpiece of popular Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Fodor’s Big Island of Hawaii includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Restaurant listings in Fodor’s Big Island of Hawaii highlight the best local favorites for casual dining as well as top resort restaurants. Our coverage also features the island’s abundant lodging options, from high-end resorts to mountainside B&Bs.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A brief introduction and spectacular color photos capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout the Big Island.
- •PULLOUT MAP AND DETAILED COLOR MAPS: A handy take-along map of the Big Island provides essential information so you can travel with ease. Full color full-size street maps throughout will inspire you and help you get around.
- •ILLUSTRATED FEATURES AND GORGEOUS PHOTOS: Stunning magazine-style color features help you gain insight into Hawaii’s unique culture. An in-depth feature on Hawaii Volcanoes National Park brings the area to life.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS:A new one-week itinerary will help you plan and make the most of your time on the island. We include tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports, and the outdoors. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: It’s easy to plan a vacation for any interest using the guide’s planner pages, which include sections for families and for those planning weddings and honeymoons. Tips throughout the book will help you make the most of your time.
- •COVERS: Kailua-Kona, the Kohala Coast, Waimea, Mauna Kea, Hilo, Puna, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the Waipio Valley, and much more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts.
Planning on visiting the rest of Hawaii? Check out Fodor’s state-wide guide to Hawaii, Essential Hawaii, as well as Fodor’s Maui, Fodor’s Oahu, and Fodor’s Kauai.