(as of Nov 18,2020 23:30:14 UTC – Details)
Tour the mighty Mendenhall Glacier, ride the Alaska Marine Highway or brave the cold to catch a glimpse of the mesmerizing Northern Lights: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of Alaska with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Alaska:
– Over 25 color maps help you navigate with ease
– Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
– Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Alaska, designed for every interest and budget
– Illustrations and area plans show in detail the Alaska Native Heritage Center, Independence Mine State Historical Park, Kenai Fjords National Park and more
– Color photographs of Alaska’s natural wonders – glaciers, waterfalls, lakes and rivers, forest trails, mountains, Arctic tundra – plus harbor towns, villages and the state’s largest city, Anchorage
– Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Anchorage, the Kenai peninsula, Prince William Sound, Southeast Alaska, Western Interior Alaska, Eastern Interior Alaska, Southwest Alaska, Arctic and Western Alaska
– Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of Alaska, land and ecology, people and society, and festivals and events that take place throughout the year
– Experience Alaska with features on the Native cultures and peoples of Alaska, volcanoes and earthquakes, Alaska’s glaciers, landscape and wildlife, Russian culture, dog sledding, and more
– Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Alaska is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Alaska.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
“No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one” – The Independent
Planning to explore more of America? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.