points - Details)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Written by locals, Fodor’s Compass American Guides: Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one some of the most exciting National Parks in California.
The electrifying vistas of the Yosemite Valley and neighboring Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks continue to exert a magnetic attraction for America’s nature lovers. Giant sequoia groves, thundering cascades, and epic climbs―it’s all here, and this guide takes travelers right to the heart of the best trails, wildlife watching, outdoor experiences, and places to stay.
Compass American Guides: Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fully updated coverage of the parks’ sites and lodgings along with new dining, lodging, and shopping reviews for the nearby gateway towns ensure that you receive the most up-to-date information on Yosemite and Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND DETAILED MAPS: Color photos and full-page topographic maps throughout the guide inspire and help you get around stress-free.
- •ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Dazzling full-color photographs illustrate the parks’ beauty and make the guide a memorable keepsake. Clear, easy-to-read maps show sites, topography, and trailheads. Topical, illustrated essays on Ansel Adams, Yosemite’s Indian Wars, bears, and wildfires, to name just a few, offer background on the rich cultural and natural history of the parks.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Best day hikes, sights, and activities help travelers make the most of their time. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Our authors give a personal, insider’s tour of these national treasures. A special chapter on flora, fauna, and geography is a fun reference tool, while a handy chart detailing all of Yosemite’s free shuttles makes getting around a cinch. A 14-page Spotlight on rock climbing spans the range from easier routes to big walls.
- •COVERS: Half Dome, Tuolumne Meadows, Mist Falls, Zumwalt Meadow, Vernal and Nevada Falls, Wapama Falls, High Sierra Camps, Hume Lake, Glacier Point, Olmsted Point, John Muir Trail, Giant Forest, and Mariposa Grove.
- •ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning to visit more national parks? Check out Fodor’s The Complete Guide to the National Parks of the West guide or Fodor’s Compass American Guides: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.